Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Here it comes...


So the last time I wrote I promised pictures and measurements... I meant to do them the next day and my computer crashed. So I am a little behind but I will catch you up. When I started this 7 week adventure my weight was 135, waist - 31, hips - 39. It has been ten days since I started and my weight is now 131, waist - 30, hips - 38.5. I was so excited when I saw my waist measurement that I actually started jumping up and down in the middle of the gym! A whole inch.

I have been doing two-a-days at the gym and trying really hard to watch what I eat. The gym part is easy for me. It is fun and the girls love to go play so they talk me into going when I am having a low motivation day. I was getting bored with the treadmill so I tried Zumba last night. I don't sweat like that when I run. I think I am a convert.

The diet is the hard part. I LOVE FOOD! Self control is not my strong suit in this aspect of my life. I am particulary fond of cupcakes... and pie... and ice cream. So I decided to try eating healthy foods for 6 days a week and having 1 day that I can eat anything I want. So far it has helped me to not eat stuff that I only kinda like because I know that from Saturday noon to Sunday noon I can eat something REALLY yummy. You may be wondering, "why two half days?" It isn't some scientific reason. Sunday morning brunch is a must and I have to have cinnamon sugar pancakes.

That is all for now. I take my measurements again on Saturday. Keep your fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I dared post a picture like this!! It might help me...and I wish I looked like you do now! If only. Maybe I will hang a picture at home or something! Way to go already losing lbs! I've been working at it for weeks and no weight loss, but my body has changed a little!...so that's still a plus!

    ReplyDelete